What other MMOs and multi-player games do you play?

For discussion of UDM-spinoff guilds in other MMOs. VISIBILITY: Public
Bregdark
General
General

What other MMOs and multi-player games do you play?

Post by Bregdark » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:45 am

I was interested to see in the discussion about the new expansion so many people interested in multi-player ME3.

I know some people (hi Chesh1) are into LOL, and others are into Heroes of the Storm, and some are excited about Overwatch. I know some (like Ardy!) are into Mount and Blade.

I play Hearthstone and WoW currently, and that's pretty much all I have time for.

How about you?
0 x

Conn
General
General

Re: What other MMOs and multi-player games do you play?

Post by Conn » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:53 am

- WoW
- Marvel Heroes
- LoL (League of Legends)
- Heroes of the Storm
- Diablo 3
- Hearthstone kind of. I have some card things.

The rest, console games and the like, I haven't played in so long they're not worth mentioning.
0 x

Lajjun
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Lajjun » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:00 pm

Destiny, though it's mostly been on hold with this crazy catching up in wow thing happening. ;)

Once ME3 is refreshed and released for xbone I will most definitely do a lot of MP there. Gods I have so much time sunk into ME3MP on the computer.
0 x
Please sign this petition for more Mimics in WoW.

Ardeshir
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Post by Ardeshir » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:16 pm

Mount and Blade: Warband, Prophesy of Pendor mod. Greatest Freeform RPG ever! *twitch*

Let's see,

WoW
LoL(though not recently)
Heroes of the Storm (More of you should be playing it)
Terraria (1.3 has made the game insanely difficult and fun.)
SMOTE
SMITE
SMITTEN!

Seriously, all of you should have Smite installed and be playing it. Do it
0 x

Bladebreaker
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Bladebreaker » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:46 pm

WoW (obviously)
Hearthstone (pretty often)

Sporadically:
The Secret World (The best writing in any MMO I've ever played)
DC Universe Online (A fun superhero game with surprisingly deep mechanics)
SMITE (a really fun action MOBA, highly recommend)
ME3 multiplayer
When Wildstar goes F2P I might dip my toes back in
EVE Online (but not for a while now)
Starcraft II (love that game)

I'll be all over Overwatch when it comes out. I'll be terrible at it. But I'll certainly buy it and play it.

As an addendum, I definitely recommend trying The Secret World. It's not for everyone, but it's a different enough experience as MMOs go that it's worth trying. It is really quite unique. Kaylia plays it/loves it as well, and I still hop on from time to time. Let me know if you want to try it and I'll hop in with you!
0 x

Bregdark
General
General

Post by Bregdark » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:53 pm

I bought The Secret World when it was on sale but haven't tried it yet -- what server should I use?
0 x

Ardeshir
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Post by Ardeshir » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:37 pm

To follow up on the Smite recommendation. The shift in perspective to a more WoW/action view point makes the game feel less awkward. The game is very welcoming to new players and the presentation helps easily show where/why you died a horrible death.
0 x

Bladebreaker
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Bladebreaker » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:04 pm

Ardeshir wrote:To follow up on the Smite recommendation. The shift in perspective to a more WoW/action view point makes the game feel less awkward. The game is very welcoming to new players and the presentation helps easily show where/why you died a horrible death.
Also, while learning Ardeshir will kindly volunteer to duel you with a character he doesn't know very well so you can beat him mercilessly with a character that is terribly overpowered 1 on 1.
Bregdark wrote:I bought The Secret World when it was on sale but haven't tried it yet -- what server should I use?
So in one sense, it doesn't really matter. TSW uses one big server which is broken into "dimensions" to keep server load reasonable. You're asked to pick a dimension when you create a character and that is where you will log in, however you can group with people from any dimension and phase into theirs.

That said, my main character is on Arcadia, an RP dimension. I'm in Illuminati, though I have low level guys in the other two factions as well. Oh, nothing stops you from interacting with, grouping with, etc, anyone from any faction. The factions have different bases, different flavor to some faction specific missions, and PvP against each other.
1 x

Ardeshir
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Post by Ardeshir » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:17 pm

Don't listen to Bladebreaker, I will wreck you all with any of the gods for a good while.
0 x

Honnete
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Honnete » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:27 pm

WoW is pretty much it these days.

I have a couple characters at cap in GW2, which was a lot of fun, and a character just out of the starting zone in ESO.

I should go ahead and finish ME2 so I can start on ME3 so I could multiplay (poorly) on it.....

{Needed to go back and replay the romance options so I could get the big scaly dude in ME3. Don't judge me.}
0 x