Overwatch Stress Test "Weekend" (4/15-4/16)

For discussion of UDM-spinoff guilds in other MMOs. VISIBILITY: Public
Bladebreaker
Warlord
Warlord

Re: Overwatch Stress Test "Weekend" (4/15-4/16)

Post by Bladebreaker » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:48 pm

Good post Conn. Interestingly enough, I have yet to run into a single rude person in any of my games. Maybe I'm just lucky, but everyone has been utterly silent. Or maybe my audio chat isn't working.

No, my entire reaction just has to do with this overwhelming feeling that I have that I'm simply BAD. Hopefully I can fix that problem with practice, if I have the patience to put up with feeling useless while I'm learning. For now? I feel useless. If I can't solve that problem, then I won't want to play. It's not fun to feel useless.

And no doubt I'll be trying it out again! I pre-ordered, I own it, Blizzard owns me, and I'll play it. I was really just venting because I'd come through a series of games where everything I did felt completely pointless as the other team just wrecked me and my team repeatedly. On the games that I won, I didn't feel like the win had anything to do with anything I did. So I went emo-mode. I don't mean to cast aspersions on the game, I think it's very well designed. It just remains to be seen if it'll be for me.
1 x

Vivimord
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Vivimord » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:06 pm

You should play with me, I give much less of a fuck if I win or lose. :p

I felt really terrible at the game at first until I found Roadhog. Keep experimenting!
0 x

Bladebreaker
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Bladebreaker » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:20 pm

Well! The test weekend is over. So nothing for me to worry about for a few weeks anyway. ;-)
0 x

Conn
General
General

Post by Conn » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:45 pm

Wait until we can start grouping together, you get some team coordination, and you find a toon you enjoy the most.

Junkrat changed my life.
1 x

Kunikiko
Champion
Champion

Post by Kunikiko » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:11 am

I played the crap out of the game on Friday and it scared me. I was blowing through hours of time and not even realizing it.

First thought: Mei is amazing.
Second thought: Mei is amazing and brutal.
Third thought: Reaper's ultimate announcement is super annoying.

I didn't play all of the heroes, in fact I pretty much ignored the Tank heroes. But playing as Mei, Pherrah, and Mercy all felt really rewarding. All the heroes felt extremely well balanced, with only Bastion being a bastard that requires a well coordinated attack to take out when entrenched.

The maps available were really nice, I was pretty sick of Route 66 by the end of the day, and I didn't get enough time on Nepal. Hanamura I had a neutral feeling about, but didn't hate.
0 x

Vivimord
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Vivimord » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:38 am

Hanauma is a pretty basic map, but I enjoy it. Hard to attack, defence is usually a breeze.

I'm a bit sick of Route 66 too, and it's the newest map!

Nepal I like.

Control maps are my favourite, particularly Ilios. The map with the pit in the middle is soooo good for Roadhog (and Pharah and Lucio).
0 x

Kunikiko
Champion
Champion

Post by Kunikiko » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:02 am

Getting a triple kill on Nepal with Pharah's concussive blast was immensely satisfying. In fact, any map with cliffs is immensely satisfying with Pharah, even Route 66!
0 x

Cal
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Cal » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:06 am

I enjoyed the hell out of it. (even my one sided conversations with Blades kids)

Sad its gone and jealous of those still in beta.
0 x

azrael
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by azrael » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:34 am

I fell in love with this game. I played with Blade and some others a lil and the teams we were put up against made me cringe. The match making with a large team is bad it seems at the moment. That or I am really bad. I know I suck at FPS, (I use to be good but wow has all but ruined my great coordination in the past decade). Queuing with 2 people wasn't so bad and the bonus xp made this worth while in most cases especially when winning and it seems teams changed often enough with people leaving matches. It would be nice for them to swap the teams a bit from match to match.

But what i love about it is you don't really need to be great at FPS to play some of the classes you just need to know how to use their mechanics in a match to your advantage. Support classes for example, and some of the tank classes I felt were great.
0 x

Conn
General
General

Post by Conn » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:27 am

Winston. No experience required, just a love of peanut butter and bananas. (And turning into a big ass red monkey that beats the shit out of the little peons.)
0 x