7.2 tip

General discussion forum for both Umbral Advent members and non-members. VISIBILITY: Public
Cal

7.2 tip

Post#1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:16 am

On Tue morning you will be able to pick up a quest in Dalaran and begin your Broken Shore adventure. A small tip I came across in watching some videos is to NOT open your weekly chest until after you do a few quests on the broken shore and get your rank 26 Artifact Knowledge. Just to eek out some extra AP.

For those of you who don't know, you will now get a decent amount of AP from the weekly chest based on how high of an M+ you completed, so may as well bump it up with the next step of AK.

Let the invasions begin!
3 x

Ribcrack

Re: 7.2 tip

Post#2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:34 am

another 7.2 tip:

Assuming it's how it is on the PTR, demon beacons are where you can summon down demons which drop nethershards (the main form of currency in 7.2 world content). Defeating the demons spawned from the beacon spawns bigger and bigger demons until eventually some sort of capping event is reached, I think.

This stuff is easier in groups! Umbral groups are great! Invite people for things! I know I will be.
2 x

Cal

Post#3 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Well, even though the above tip was a bust, I am back to try it again.

7.2.5 is here, but this week brings the raid and ability to upgrade legendaries.

A couple of things you can do in preparation:
1. Have all three emissary WQ's ready to turn in - This really only means not turning in the emissary for Sunday/Monday as you will get a third on Tue. If they do the legendary upgrade material similar to last time, you can get materials from emissary turn ins.
2. Do a mythic plus dungeon this week - 20 of the materials used for upgrading legendaries will come from your mythic plus weekly cache. That is almost half of what you need for an upgrade.
3. Make sure to grab the quest for upgrading your legendaires prior to opening your mythic cache or turning in your emissary quests. Really this item should be listed first, but I guess that's what you get for not reading the whole message.

One last point, which may be late for some (myself included), is that even though the changes for M+ have been put into place, the weekly chest reward for doing 11-15 is not being rewarded until Mythic ToS is released on 6-27-17. So there is no benefit of doing higher than a 10 until next week.

Edit: I thought of something I am doing that I will just make note of. I have no idea if this will work, but I am also saving up 1000 war supplies for turn in, just incase they will also give you upgrade materials.
1 x

Panamone

Post#4 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:45 am

Good reminder, thanks!
0 x

Ribcrack

Post#5 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:04 am

Cal wrote:Well, even though the above tip was a bust, I am back to try it again.

7.2.5 is here, but this week brings the raid and ability to upgrade legendaries.

A couple of things you can do in preparation:
1. Have all three emissary WQ's ready to turn in - This really only means not turning in the emissary for Sunday/Monday as you will get a third on Tue. If they do the legendary upgrade material similar to last time, you can get materials from emissary turn ins.
2. Do a mythic plus dungeon this week - 20 of the materials used for upgrading legendaries will come from your mythic plus weekly cache. That is almost half of what you need for an upgrade.
3. Make sure to grab the quest for upgrading your legendaires prior to opening your mythic cache or turning in your emissary quests. Really this item should be listed first, but I guess that's what you get for not reading the whole message.

One last point, which may be late for some (myself included), is that even though the changes for M+ have been put into place, the weekly chest reward for doing 11-15 is not being rewarded until Mythic ToS is released on 6-27-17. So there is no benefit of doing higher than a 10 until next week.

Edit: I thought of something I am doing that I will just make note of. I have no idea if this will work, but I am also saving up 1000 war supplies for turn in, just incase they will also give you upgrade materials.

agh, guess I have to log in a bit more this week
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”